The library has added 3 lynda.com kiosk stations to the John T. Richardson and Loop Library that are available to current DePaul students, faculty and staff. These kiosk stations provide access to the full catalog of lynda.com tutorials, an online subscription library that teaches the latest software, creative and business skills through high-quality instructional videos. Lynda.com offers users the ability to learn new technology and software and stay current with updates and new releases through video tutorials and exercise files that users can download and work through along with the tutorial, or on their own. With more than 2000 courses taught by industry experts, and over 100,000 available videos, lynda.com is designed for all levels of learners.
Check out the lynda.com latest releases to see what is available.
Some of the highlights of the courses include:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Audio Courses including ProTools, Apple Logic, Reason and Adobe Audition
- Video Editing Courses including courses on Adobe Premiere and Apple Finale
- Courses on current and previous versions of Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, Word, & Windows
Users can access any lynda.com tutorial from the kiosk stations, which include 2 stations in the Learning Commons located in the Richardson Library, and 1 stationin the Loop Library in room DPC10024. When not reserved, these Kiosk stations are available on a first come first serve basis, but users can reserve a kiosk ahead of time using our Room Reservation page.
- Users may book up to 4 hours at a station in a 24 hour period.
- Most tutorials are several hours but are broken into multiple chapters.
- Each Kiosk is intended for one user at a time.
- We recommend bringing headphones, but headphones are also available for checkout from the Circulation Desk at either campus.