DePaul University has posted a Winter Quarter Update stating that the first two weeks of winter quarter courses will be held online (Monday, January 3rd to Saturday, January 15th). The following Library services and resources will be available during that two week period. We will be closed Saturday, January 15th, and Sunday January 16th as well as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday, January 17th.
John T. Richardson Hours, Access and Services
The John T. Richardson Library will be open 8:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
- All four floors will be accessible to DePaul students, faculty, and staff with a seating reservation. Valid DePaul ID and proof of reservation will be required upon entry.
- Pickup service will be available to all students, faculty, staff, alumni and I-Share members.
- Current DePaul students, faculty, and staff can swipe in with their DePaul ID.
- Alumni and I-Share members can call (773) 325-7862 and staff will open the door. (This number will be posted at the entrance as well.)
- Entry will require confirmation that a request has been filled for pickup.
- Print course reserves will move to a two-day checkout period and a seating reservation will be required for use of print reserves in the Library. If you want to pick up a reserve item and take it home, our entrance attendant will help you upon arrival. Reserves items cannot be requested in advance and are subject to availability upon arrival.
- The Research Help Desk will be staffed 9:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday, and our Ask a Librarian service will be available online Monday-Thursday 9:00am-10:00pm, Friday 9:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 10:00am:-9:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-10:00pm.
- Special Collections and Archives will be open for research appointments Tuesday through Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm. Appointments are required 48 hours in advance.
- Group study rooms, media studios and the Maker Hub will be closed.
- We will continue an e-preferred model for course reserves. Access Services staff will reach out to faculty with items on physical reserve to determine if readings for the first two weeks can be digitized and made available electronically.
Loop Library Hours, Access and Services
The Loop Library will be open only for pickup of requested items Monday through Thursday 9:00am-6:00pm. No entrance allowed.
- Current DePaul students, faculty, staff, alumni, and I-Share members who received a pickup notice can call (312) 362-8433 and staff will come to the door (this number will be posted at the entrance as well).
- Print course reserves will also be available for checkout.
In addition, we will continue to offer the following:
- Digital course reserves services, including new acquisitions, digitization of audio and video materials, and scanning of book chapters and articles.
- Book drops are open for returns at both Lincoln Park and Loop.
- Document delivery (book chapter and article scanning for purposes beyond course reserves).
- Interlibrary loan service for physical and digital materials.
- Virtual access to all e-resources including databases, e-journals and e-books.
- Full hours for our virtual research help through our Ask a Librarian service, including chat, phone, email, text, and Zoom research consultations.
- Special Collections and Archives (SPCA) will offer virtual instruction services, including Zoom sessions and asynchronous online tutorials and guides.
- Wearing a mask over the nose and mouth is required regardless of vaccination status.
- While food in the Library is discouraged, we understand small snacks may be necessary. Drinks must be in covered containers. Masks must be worn between bites and sips.
- Please visit our Policies page for a complete list of patron conduct, food and drink and noise policies.
Full access and services at both the John T. Richardson Library and Loop Library resume January 18th. We appreciate your understanding during this transitional phase and look forward to serving you winter quarter!