From everyone at the DePaul University Library, we hope you have a warm and restful holiday! Although the DePaul University Library is closed for holiday break December 23 through January 3, we wanted to let you know what services to expect when we reopen January 4, the first day of winter quarter.*
- Contactless Pick-Up for DePaul and I-Share material at both the John T. Richardson Library and the Loop Library during our service hours
- Expanded Course Reserves services including new acquisitions, digitization of audio and video materials, and scanning of book chapters and articles
- Returns via physical book drop and U.S. Postal Service Click and Ship
- Document Delivery including book chapter and article scanning for purposes beyond course reserves
- Special Collections and Archives digital reference services utilizing physical collections and instruction preparation (item selection and digitization)
- Interlibrary Loan for physical materials (limited to faculty)
The DePaul University Library is committed to continuing to support teaching, learning and research during the COVID-19 pandemic. To further this mission we will continue to offer the following services when we reopen January 4:
- Access to e-resources (Available during holiday break as well. We recommend using LibrarySearch or article databases found in the A-Z Database List and on the Subject Research Guides)
- Online research help via Ask a Librarian
- Virtual instruction, including Zoom sessions, Special Collections and Archives (SPCA) instruction, and asynchronous online tutorials and research guides
- SPCA reference service and access to digital collections
- Course Reserves setup and support, including access to e-books, book chapters, articles and streaming media
- Electronic access to book chapters, articles and other digital materials through our interlibrary loan service
We will not offer reservations for computer use or study space on the second floor of the Richardson Library on January 4, but hope to resume this service and expand contactless pickup hours later in the quarter when we have a clearer picture of the COVID-19 situation).
We appreciate your patience and support during this time. If you have any questions, please visit our COVID-19 and DePaul Library Services page, FAQS or Ask a librarian for help when the library re-opens winter quarter.
*A version of this article will appear in Newsline January 4.