Did you know that the Chicago municipal election is just around the corner and there are currently 14 candidates running for mayor? Did you know that there are aldermanic races and other city offices open for election as well?
Overwhelmed? Check out the library’s Elections Research Guide, which is here to help! On our guide, you’ll find:
Important dates to know:
- Registration Deadline: February 26, 2019
- Absentee Application Deadline: February 21, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Early Voting Deadline: February 25, 2019
- General Election: February 26, 2019
- Runoff Election: April 2, 2019
Chicagoans last voted for mayor in 2015. According to the Chicago Board of Elections, In 2015, there were 1,421,430 registered voters, with 483,700 votes cast for a turnout of only 34.03%.
Chances are good there will be a run-off election for Mayor in April, and only the top two vote-getters will appear on that April ballot. This year, make sure to cast your vote, and make your voice heard!