Welcome back to This Week in Reference! Here are some intriguing topics that our Research Librarians helped students and faculty research recently.
- Pandemic unemployment rates by gender
- Market data for car ice scrapers
- Battery safety science
- Propaganda posters and videos from the Yugoslav Wars
- History of American cinema
- Representation of gender in children’s literature
- Statistics and data on the NBA & WNBA
- Relationship between nurses and CNAs and its effect on patient outcomes
- Social emotional intelligence and equity in education
- Ethics of using contract workers in corporate America
- Legal education curriculum reform in Iraq
- Adaptation and evolution of massospora cicadina
- Ethics in corporate leadership
- Constitutionality of 3D printing guns
- Catholicism and mental health in Brazil
Here’s a more in-depth look at a question we answered:
Student: Hi, I’m looking for sources regarding the gender leadership gap, could you help me find some sources?
Librarian: Hello! I’m happy to help with that!
Librarian: Let me share a guide with you
Student: perfect, thank you so much
Librarian: Here’s the management guide https://libguides.depaul.edu/management
Librarian: Let’s start with a search in Business Source Complete – for the terms gender leadership gap
Librarian: I’ll share the results with you
Student: that would be great thanks!!
Librarian: There are quite a few in that list.
Librarian: You could add additional terms to limit the results, like if there’s a specific industry (stem, retail, finance, etc.) or if there’s a specific part of the world you are researching (europe, united states, new york, etc.)
Student: That’s awesome, I think ill be able to find what I need there. Thank you!
Librarian: you are so welcome!