National Library Week is coming up on April 3-9, 2022. Find out how you can celebrate with the DePaul University Library.
National Library Week is an opportunity to promote library services, celebrate library workers, and advocate for libraries of all kinds. This annual campaign, organized by the American Library Association, dates back to 1958 and is celebrated in communities across the country.
This year’s National Library Week theme – “Connect with Your Library” – highlights how libraries connect communities to information, resources, and to each other. At the DePaul University Library, we’re proud to connect our community with a wide range of resources that support the University’s teaching, learning, and Vincentian mission.
There are a lot of opportunities to celebrate National Library Week this year – we hope you’ll join us!
- All week, keep an eye on DePaul Newsline to learn more about the library and get to know the staff who make the library what it is.
- Visit the Question of the Week board on the first floor of the John T. Richardson Library and leave us a note telling us what you love about the library.
- Tuesday, April 5 is National Library Workers Day! Nominate a DePaul University Library staff member who has made a positive impact in your life for the National Library Workers Day Galaxy of Stars.
- On Wednesday, April 6 from 11:00am to 1:00pm stop by our table in Kelly Hall in the John T. Richardson Library to pick up some library swag, make a button, and enter our raffle to win a $25 gift card to the University Bookstore, a clever coffee mug, or a University Library canvas tote.
- On Thursday, April 7 we’ll be participating in the Loop Open House hosted by the Office of Student Involvement. Come say “hello” and learn about the resources available at the Loop Campus Library. [The Loop Open House event has been rescheduled to Thursday, April 14.]
- Finally, follow the DePaul University Library on social media to connect with us year-round and check out ILoveLibraries.org for more ideas about how you can support libraries of all kinds.
Thank you for being part of our community!