Are you writing a research paper? Delving into a new topic? New to DePaul and wanting to brush up on your research skills? Wherever you are in the research process, librarians are here to help you navigate library resources and provide personalized research help. We can meet with you for a one-on-one research consultation in person at either the John T. Richardson Library or the Loop Library or online via Zoom.
Use our online calendar to book a research appointment. Start by choosing a location (Lincoln Park, Loop, or Online), and then browse the calendar to find a time that fits your schedule.
During your research appointment, a librarian can help you:
- Search for articles, books, data and other relevant sources to support your research
- Learn how to use key databases or subject-specific research tools
- Request materials from other libraries or research centers
- Refine your research question or topic
- Evaluate information so you can choose the best resources for your needs
At the end of the consultation, you will be better equipped to continue your research on your own. Of course, appointments are never needed to drop in at the Research Help Desk during open hours or to Chat Now with a DePaul librarian. We look forward to meeting you and learning more about your topic!